Keep active in your home
Now that we're spending more and more time at home, there are plenty of free online ideas to help you get active. Below are some activity ideas for children, families, adults and older adults.
Now that we're spending a lot more time at home, it is more important than ever that we stay active to help with our physical and mental wellbeing - as long as you feel well enough. This is why we should all try to move regularly, including doing exercises to help us stay strong and steady. Even small amounts of activity will have a positive impact on your physical and mental health.
Online workouts and info
TechoGym - mywellness app
Your health, wellbeing and fitness is incredibly important to us and although we can't meet face to face at the moment we've teamed up with TechnoGym to provide you with. Our highly skilled instructors from across the county, to bring you a range of free at home workouts on the mywellness app. free daily home workouts via the mywellness app.
Children and families
- Active 30 Durham - Active 30 Durham have developed an online hub packed with physical activity resources to help support schools, parents and young people to keep active.
- Sport England - how to stay active while you're home - useful tips and resources to help you and all the family to stay active
- Change 4 life: Indoor activities for kids - easy ways for kids to keep active if you cannot get outdoors
- The Body Coach TV - YouTube - PE with Joe videos available on his YouTube channel
- Change 4 life: Disabled sports activities - access lots of activities to keep disabled children and young people active, including a seated version of a classic obstacle race
- CBeebies: Footy pups
- Virtual family yoga events with KalmaBaby
NHS: Sitting exercises are specific chair-based exercises, which are great for all ages, particularly if you're over 65. There are a number of other activities available through this website.
NHS fitness studio
NHS: Fitness studio (including pilates and yoga) provides 24 instructor-led videos in aerobic exercise, strength and resistance, and pilates and yoga categories, all lasting between 10 - 45 minutes.
Active 10 Walking app
Download Active 10 walking app to help you monitor and gradually increase your brisk walking levels over time.