Why choose Aycliffe Secure Centre?
We provide each child and young person with a safe, secure, caring home and school. We encourage and motivate every child and young person to be the best they can be in all aspects of their life.
What young people think about our centre
We gather regular feedback from our young people - on admission to our centre, during their stay and prior to their discharge.
Comments from young people are extremely positive, particularly in relation to the care and support offered by staff:
- "I feel that this place has supported me and made me feel part of a family and I'm so happy!"
- "My case manager has sorted loads of stuff for me and she has always told me the truth. No matter how busy she was she always had time to listen to me."
What parents and carers think about our centre
In our recent parental survey, 92.5% of parents/carers answered 'Great or Good' when asked 'How well do you think we are looking after your child?'. Comments included:
- "Staff are always very friendly informative and helpful. I'm glad my son is in such good care."
- "Staff appear genuinely caring and sensitive to my child's needs. Staff always seem to focus on the positives and this is very reassuring for me as a parent."
100% of parents/carers stated that they had noticed positive changes in their child since coming to Aycliffe. Comments included:
- "Calmer and more respect."
- "Less angry, I feel we have a better relationship, more sensible, understands where things have gone wrong and that this needed to happen."
- "Staff are mostly bringing out the good in my son and he is looking better physically for being here."
Involving young people in projects
We regularly involve young people in consultations and reviews in regards to wider pieces of work such as the recent review of the Restraint Minimisation Strategy.
Our young people have also been pivotal in the review and development of a new rewards scheme, joining a project team tasked with driving this work forward. The views of young people have been integral in this process and in establishing a scheme that is fit for purpose. As a next step, young people will trial the system and feedback before this is rolled out across the home.
Rated Outstanding by Ofsted
At our most recent inspection (September 2019) inspectors gave us outstanding in all four areas, which is a very rare achievement for a secure centre. You can read more about our inspection in our latest news article or you can view the full report below.
- Aycliffe Secure Centre
- Aycliffe Secure Centre
- 03000 263 000
Our address is:
- Newton Aycliffe
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL5 6JB