Woodhouse Close Library
Woodhouse Close Library is on Woodhouse Lane next to Woodhouse Close Leisure Complex.
- Monday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 5.00pm (19 November-22 December only)*
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 5.00pm (19 November-22 December only)*
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
Temporary opening hours while Shildon Library is closed.
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
The nearest bus stops are in Cockton Hill Road and St Andrew's Road. The library has its own small car park, including a space designated for disabled users. There is also parking on the far side of the leisure centre.
Cycle parking facilities - two are available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- ancestry online
- study area
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Woodhouse Close Library
- Reading Group - Second Monday of every month, 10.00am
- Toddler Time - Monday fortnightly, 10.00am. Please note this is term time only.
- Get Creative - Thursday fortnightly, 10.00am - 11.30am