Thornley Library is situated on the main road through Thornley near the Pit Wheel. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
Bus stops are located close to the library, near the shops. Thornley Library has its own car park (please note the car park is closed outside library opening hours).
There are two cycle parking places at the library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
- Reading Group - contact us for more details
- Toddler Time - Every Monday, 10.00am -11.00am. Please note this is during term time only.
- Get Creative - Every Monday, 10.00am - 11.30am