Stanley Library is situated inside The Louisa Centre. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
The nearest bus stops are approximately 200 yards away at the bus station.
Cycle parking facilities are available.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Stanley Library
- Reading Group - Monthly, Fridays 2.00pm - 3.00pm and Saturday 10.00am - 11.00am. Please contact us as places are limited.
- Toddler Time - The first Thursday and third Tuesday of every month, 10.30am - 11.15am. Contact us for more details about Storytimes.
- Under 5s - every Thursday, 10.30 - 11.15am
- Get Creative - Every Tuesday, 10.00am - 12 noon and 5.00pm - 7.00pm. Please contact us as places are limited.
- Discover Digital - Every Monday 5.00pm-6.30pm and every Tuesday, 10.00am - 12noon
- Family history drop-in session - The third Friday of every month, 10.00am - 12noon
- Stanley Library
- Stanley Library
- 03000 269 517
Our address is:
- Stanley Louisa Centre
- Front Street
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH9 0TE