Spennymoor Library is ideally situated in the town's shopping area on the main street, opposite the entrance to the Co-operative supermarket. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 1.30pm - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
Bus services 6 and X21 (serving Bishop Auckland and Durham) stop just outside the library. There is restricted parking outside the library and at the rear. There is also a large free car park near the Co-operative store.
Cycle parking facilities: two are available at this library.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study areas
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Spennymoor Library
- Reading Group - The second Thursday of each month, 11.00am - 12noon
- Toddler Time - contact us for details
- Get Creative - Every Tuesday, 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Discover Digital - Every Monday, 5.30pm - 6.30pm