Seaham Library is located in our new contact centre, just off Sophia Street in Seaham. We offer a range of services and facilities for you and your family to enjoy. The library is accessible to all.
- Monday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 1.30pm - 5.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
There are several bus stops within a short distance of the library. The Seaham Interchange is situated at Byron Place, a short walk from the library. Seaham Railway Station is within half a mile of the library.
Car parking facilities: there is free parking for up to 90 cars including disabled parking. There are electric charging points nearby.
Cycle parking facilities: 32 are available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
- cold drinks and snacks available
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Seaham Library
- Reading Group - Fourth Friday of every month, 1.00pm - 2.00pm
- Toddler Time - contact us for more details
- Get Creative - Every Friday 1.30pm - 2.30pm
- Discover Digital - Every Thursday 10.00am - 12noon