Residents in Peterlee are able to access a temporary library in Peterlee Leisure Centre while a new facility is being built.
The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
To find out more about the new facility, please see Peterlee library and leisure centre revamp.
- Monday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
There is a bus station in Peterlee town centre which is served by numerous buses. Car parking is available.
Cycle parking facilities.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses (by reservation)
- music scores (by reservation)
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- scanning facilities
- ancestry online
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Peterlee Library
- Reading Group - every third Friday of the month starting 19 January 2018.
- Toddler Time - Every Tuesday, 10.15am - 11.00am and every Friday, 10.00am - 11.00am
- Get Creative Knit and Natter - Every Monday 1.00am - 12noon
- Get Creative Crochet Group - Every Monday 5.00pm - 7.00pm
- Discover Digital - contact us for more details
- Peterlee Library
- Peterlee Library
- 03000 269 509
Our address is:
- Burnhope Way
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- SR8 1NT
- 0191 586 6664