Newton Aycliffe Library
Newton Aycliffe Library is situated on Beveridge Way in the town centre. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Tuesday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
Free parking is available in the town centre.
Cycle parking facilities - two are available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
Council tax and housing benefits surgery
A customer surgery is available in the library on Tuesdays between 10.00am and 3.00pm for residents who would like to see someone about council tax or housing benefits. This is on an appointment basis. Please contact our contact us to make an appointment.
- Reading Group - First Friday, 10.00am - 11.00am and third Thursday, 5.30pm - 6.30pm, of every month
- Toddler Time - Every Monday, 10.30am - 11.30am
- Get Creative - Every Tuesday, 1.00pm - 3.00pm
- Discover Digital - Every Friday, 10.00am - 12noon