Ferryhill Library is situated opposite the Town Hall in Ferryhill Market Place and offers a range of services for you and your family to enjoy. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
The library is easily accessible from all bus stops in Ferryhill Market Place. There are regular bus services from Durham, Darlington, Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Stockton and surrounding villages. Free parking is available in the Market Place.
Cycle parking facilities - three are available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
- Reading group - contact us for details
- Toddler time - contact us for details
- Get creative - contact us for details