Easington Colliery Library
Easington Colliery Library is situated on Seaside Lane, the main road through Easington Colliery. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
The nearest bus stop is 50 metres away. There are buses to and from Sunderland, Peterlee, Durham and Hartlepool. Some on-street parking is available near the library.
Cycle parking facilities - there are currently no cycle parking facilities available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- Books including large print and picture books
- Reference books
- Information leaflets
- Language courses
- Music scores
- Public access computers with access to the internet, word-processing and other Office packages
- Wi-fi (free)
- Colour photocopier
- Colour printer
- Ancestry online
- Study area
- Laminating service
- Reading Group - Last Thursday of every month, 4.00pm - 5.00pm
- Toddler Time - Every Monday, 11.00am -12 noon
- Get creative - First Thursday of every month 4.00pm - 5.00pm
There are also adult colouring drop-in sessions as when required. Please contact us to find out when the next sessions is taking place.
Additional facilities and services
- Coffee mornings - Last Thursday of every month, 10.00am- 12 noon
- Councillor surgery - First Thursday of every month, 1.00pm -2.00pm (drop-in)