Durham Clayport Library
Durham Clayport Library is situated in Millennium Place, just off Claypath and opposite the Gala Theatre in Durham City. The building is accessible for disabled visitors with public lifts, toilets and has a loop system installed.
- Monday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday: closed
- Bank holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
There is a multi-storey car park within the Walkergate development that gives direct access to Millennium Place.
Cycle parking facilities - nine are available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study areas
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Durham Clayport Library
- Reading Group - Last Tuesday, 3.00pm - 4.00pm and first Wednesday, 5.30pm - 6.30pm, of every month.
- Toddler Time - Every Wednesday, 11.00am - 11.30am and every Friday, 10.30am - 11.00am
- Get Creative - Every Thursday 2.00pm - 3.30pm
- Discover Digital - Every fourth Tuesday of every month, 2.00pm - 4.00pm