Crook Library is situated in Crook Civic Centre, facing the Market Place and offers a wide range of services and facilities for you and your family. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 1.30pm - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
There is parking on the Market Square (not available on Tuesday which is market day). There is also disabled parking and limited on-street parking outside the main entrance. The building is on the main bus route from Bishop Auckland, Durham and Weardale.
Cycle parking facilities - four are available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Crook Library
- Reading Group - Second Monday of every month, 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Toddler Time - Every Friday, 10.00am - 11.00am. Please note this is term time only.
- Get Creative - contact us for more details
- Discover Digital - second Thursday of every month, 2.00pm - 4.00pm
- Crook Library
- Crook Library
- 03000 269 002
Our address is:
- Civic Centre
- North Terrace
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL15 9ES