The library has disabled access and there is a lift or stairs to our children's library on the first floor. We have a loop system, Supernova screen reading software and a large keyboard is available.
- Monday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
Consett Library is in Victoria Road next to the bus station. The nearest car park is next to St. Patrick's Church Hall or in Albert Road.
Cycle parking facilities - there are currently none available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Consett Library
- Reading Group - Second Monday, 11.00am-12noon, third Tuesday, 5.45pm - 6.45pm and fourth Thursday, 2.00pm - 3.00pm, of every month
- Toddler Time - Every Tuesday, 9.30am. Please note this is during term time only
- Get Creative - Every Monday 1.00pm - 4.00pm.
- Discover Digital - First Friday of every month, 10.00am - 12noon.