Chester-le-Street Library is a busy town centre library with a strong sense of community. It is situated on the corner of Station Road and Front Street next to the Lambton Arms pub. The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday: 10.00am - 6.00pm
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 10.00am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
There are regular bus services to and from a stop outside Lloyds TSB bank, which is the nearest to the library. There are also plenty of town centre car parks close by.
Cycle parking facilities - there are currently none available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
- hot drinks and refreshments
- Graphic novels
- Exhibition room for hire
- Reading Group - contact us for more details
- Toddler Time - Every Monday 2 - 2.30pm, term-time only
- Get Creative - Every Friday, 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Discover Digital - Alternate Fridays, 10.00am - 12noon