Blackhall Library is situated behind Middle Street, near St Andrew's Church in the village. We offer a variety of services and facilities for you and your family to enjoy.
The library is accessible, has Supernova screen reading software and a large keyboard is available on request.
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Sunday: closed
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
Transport and travel
There is some street parking close to the library and a large car park near the community centre. The nearest bus stop is five minutes away on the main street and there are buses to and from Hartlepool, Sunderland, Peterlee and Durham.
Cycle parking facilities - There are currently none available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
An access guide for this library is available at DisabledGo: Blackhall Library
- Reading group - First Thursday of every month, 3.00pm - 4.00pm
- Toddler time - Every Thursday, 9.30am - 10.30am. Please not this is during term time only.
- Get creative - Every Thursday, 10.00am - 11.00am