Belmont Library is situated within Cheveley Shopping Centre, next to the GP surgery and offers a wide variety of services, events and facilities for you and your family to enjoy.
The library is fully accessible to our customers and our computers have accessibility features available on them.
- Monday: 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Tuesday: closed
- Wednesday: closed
- Thursday: 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday: closed
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Public holidays: closed
For unexpected closures, please see our disruptions, closures and warnings page.
How to get there
There is a bus stop next to the library and another opposite, with frequent services to Durham. The library has its own car park.
There are currently no cycle parking facilities available at this library.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- free wi-fi
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
- Reading Group - every third Monday, 2.30pm - 3.30pm, and every second Thursday, 5.30pm - 6.30pm of every month
- Visually Impaired Reading Group - last Wednesday of every month, 2.00pm - 4.00pm
- Talking books reading group - last Wednesday of every month for an afternoon of coffee and chat about the joys of reading, particularly talking books. Free transport is available to those in the Durham area who would otherwise be unable to attend.
- Toddler Time - every Thursday, 2.15pm - 3.00pm
- Get Creative - every second Thursday, 2.15pm - 3.00pm