Annfield Plain Library
Find out about the opening times, activities and services available at Annfield Plain library.
Annfield Plain Library is County Durham's only Carnegie library. A Carnegie library is a library built with money donated by Scottish-American businessman and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.
All of our libraries are currently closed until further notice. Library members can still borrow a huge range of ebooks, eaudiobooks and emagazines available to download free of charge through our ebooks webpage. We are currently looking at how access to computers currently provided at libraries can be maintained. Fines accrued while they are shut will be waived. See our Libraries (changes to services) page for the latest information.
If you would like to browse our catalogue, request an item or renew an item already on loan, please visit Library Online. This facility also offers members of the library service access to a range of websites including Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Grove Music Online and Encyclopedia Britannica Online.
- books, including large print and picture books, audiobooks and reference books
- information leaflets
- language courses
- music scores
- public access computers with internet, word processing and other Office packages facilities.
- Wi-fi (free)
- colour photocopier
- colour printer
- ancestry online
- study area
- community room for hire
- microfiche reader and resources
- computer courses
- Family History society
- Women's Institute
- Churches Together
- University of 3rd Age (U3A)
- The Morrison Lodges Banner. view the replica miners' banner which was commissioned in 2018 to commemorate the Morrison (1809-1964) and Morrison Busty (1927-1973) Pits. Please contact us for more information.
How to get there
We are situated next to Catchgate Methodist Church, on the main road through Annfield Plain and Catchgate.
There is a bus stop directly outside the library. Parking is available at the side of the building.
Cycle parking facilities - there are none available at this library.