Our main aim is to protect, record, research and interpret the archaeology and built heritage of County Durham and the Borough of Darlington for the benefit of local communities, researchers and visitors.
We aim to:
- widen access to archaeology through talks, exhibits and opportunities to experience hands-on archaeology
- encourage individuals and groups to become involved with the archaeology of their local area
- proactively protect, manage and conserve the archaeological remains of the county.
We provide archaeological advice to:
- members of the public
- the local planning authorities of Durham and the Borough of Darlington.
We also produce an annual magazine entitled 'Archaeology: County Durham' which is published every March.
- 03000 267 013
Our address is:
- Heritage, Landscape and Design
- Regeneration and Economic Development
- 5th Floor, County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ