Consultation on our Statement of Licensing Policy
This consultation gives you the chance to have your say on the review of our Statement of Licensing Policy which we must update every five years by law.
Our current Statement of Licensing Policy runs from 2014-2019 and is available on our Licensing Act 2003 Policy page.
The policy sets out how we carry out our licensing functions in County Durham to help with the following:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
It covers the following licensable activities:
- the retail sale of alcohol
- the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club
- the provision of regulated entertainment
- the provision of late night refreshment (between the hours of 11:00pm and 6:00am).
We are reviewing our current policy
We are now reviewing the current policy and we welcome your views and suggestions for improvements in the coming 5 year period.
Have your say
The closing date for comments was 5.00pm on 3 May 2019.
Following the consultation, the final policy will be presented to the General Licensing and Registration Committee and a full council meeting for approval.
- 03000 261 016
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- PO Box 617
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 9HZ