Durham Cathedral Bus
The Cathedral Bus service links Durham train station and the coach park with the city centre, market place and Durham Cathedral and Castle. Some peak time journeys also travel to Durham University Science Park.
The buses are suitable for wheelchair users and families with children's buggies.
- Tickets cost £1.00 (50p for children 13 years and under) and are valid all day.
- Journeys to or from the university will cost £1.00 (£1.50 return).
- Bus passes are valid for free travel after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday.
- Durham Park and Ride or Explorer North East ticket holders can travel for free.
When the Cathedral Bus runs
- It does not run on Sundays, public holidays or on the Saturday of the Durham Miners' Gala in July.
- A Saturday timetable applies on weekdays between Christmas and New Year.
- A special timetable may apply on weekends when there is a festival or other major event taking place.
Train station to Cathedral (40 bus) - Monday to Saturday
- Outward journey: Monday to Saturday at 10, 30 and 50 minutes past each hour between 9.50am and 5.10pm. There is also a service at 8.30am Monday to Friday and additional Saturday journeys at 9.10am and 9.30am.
- Return journey: On the hour, 20 and 40 minutes past each hour between 10.00am and 5.20pm, with additional Saturday journeys at 9.20am and 9.40am.
Coach park to Cathedral (40A bus) - Monday to Saturday
- Outward journey: Monday to Saturday at 10 and 45 minutes past each hour between 10.10am and 3.45pm.
- Return journey: 3 and 30 minutes past each hour between 10.03am and 4.03pm.
Train station to University (40B bus) - Monday to Friday
- Outward journey: Monday to Friday at 8.05am, 8.30am, 9.05am, 9.30am, 4.40pm, 5.15pm and 5.44pm.
- Return journey: Monday to Friday at 8.16am, 8.42am, 9.16am, 4.28pm, 5.03pm and 5.33pm.