To get the best experience of this website, we recommend you upgrade your browser.

Upgrade your Internet Explorer

Durham County Council

Page location

Check your voter information as part of annual survey

Published July 31, 2017 12.17pm

Families are to be asked to check if the information for their homes is correct as part of our 2017 voter information survey.

As part of our annual canvass, households will soon receive a form checking the information held on the electoral register.

David Collingwood, our electoral services manager, said: "It is important to respond to the request for information, even if there has been no change to the details, as otherwise people may be lost from the register and be unable to vote in future local and national elections."

Confirming details is quick and simple - and being registered to vote can help to improve a person's credit rating.

How can you respond?

If all of the information on the form is correct people can:

  • Return it in the envelope provided. Postage is free.
  • Phone 0800 197 9871 and when prompted enter part 1 and part 2 of the security code printed on the form.
  • Visit the Household Response website and enter part 1 and part 2 of the security code printed on the form.

That website can also be used to add or delete an elector's name, or to make changes to a current elector's name.

There is also an option available to request a postal vote or to opt out from being on the open register. 

If any of the information is incorrect, it can also be amended on the form and returned to us at Electoral Services.

For more information, call 03000 261 212 or email