If you have applied for, or claimed, up to 30 hours of free childcare, the Government say you must reconfirm your eligibility or you will loose it. You must do this even if your child hasn't started their 30 hours place. You must do this every 3 months from the date you applied for 30 hours free childcare.
How do I reconfirm?
- You should get a text and/or email 4 weeks before your reconfirmation deadline. This will prompt you to log into your childcare service account. You can't reconfirm through our Parent Portal.
- In the account go to 'secure messages'. You can access this section at any time. The section on reconfirmation will inform you of your reconfirmation date.
- You can reconfirm your eligibility up to 4 weeks before your reconfirmation date.
Differences in process
The reconfirmation process may be different for some parents.
- If your circumstances haven't changed you will need to tick a box to confirm this. You will not receive a new code, your existing code will get extended for 3 months.
- If your circumstances have changed you must amend and resubmit your details.
- If you completed your original application over the phone you will need to phone the Customer Interaction Centre on 0300 123 4097 to reconfirm your eligibility.
- If you currently have a temporary code (these start with 11) you must complete a new application. You must do this through your childcare service account to get a permanent code.
What if I miss the reconfirmation deadline?
If you miss the deadline, or if your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible, you will get a message to say your eligibility has ended. You will be able to keep your childcare place for the grace period. You should discuss this with your childcare provider.
You'll need to re-apply if you become eligible again, or if you missed the reconfirmation deadline. If you do not re-apply your funding will stop and your child will no longer be able to access 30 Hours Free Childcare.
You must give your code to your provider again to confirm your place.